From Children of StarClan
The following process is used by most medicine cats in most situations to diagnose a patient. Young medicine cats should learn this process carefully, and be prepared to adapt to the potential needs for changes and fluctuation in the process.
- Listen to the patient's complaint
- Evaluate the physical condition of the patient
- Inventory the patient's symptoms
- Question the patient to collect more information & identify any overlooked symptoms
- Re-inventory the symptoms
- Decide which symptoms are the most significant to the diagnose
- Reduce the possible complaints based on known symptoms
- Question the patient further based on suspected complaints
- Decide a course of treatment for the most likely of the complaints
- Follow-up with the patient during treatment to ensure the course of action is working. Alter treatments if it is necessary.