From Children of StarClan
Players are limited to certain numbers of characters (as described on the expanded policy page) and must keep those characters in compliance with various limitations and other instructions. Players with more characters than permitted, or with characters outside the given limitations will lose the most recently created/acquired of those characters.
Pending Character Limitations
No player may have more than one (1) character undergoing the approvals process at one time unless the additional pending characters are covered by an exception. This is to prevent huge backlogs and problems with excessive characters pending belonging to a single player at once.
- Old Website Imports - A player may have pending as many imports from the Original PHPNuke Website as necessary to ensure all characters of merit are imported.
- NPC as Related to Approved PCs - When a player is creating the NPC parent/sibling/mentor sheets of their PCs, the entire group of NPCs related to that PC may be pending simultaneously so long as no new PCs are in progress.
Ranked Character Limitations
No player may have more than two (2) ranked characters, one (1) from each of the two classifications of rank type, unless the situation is specifically addressed by an exception. These two ranked characters cannot reside in the same clan.
- Leadership Group: Leader or Deputy
- Spiritual Group: Medicine Cat or Medicine Cat's Apprentice
- Administrators: Admins may NPC Leader or Spiritual Ranks as required.
- Moderators: Mods may NPC Leader or Spiritual Ranks as required, with permission of the Administration.
Normal Character Slots
Each player is permitted the following slots with which to create characters to use in role play.
- Clan Characters: Each player is granted four (4) Clan Character Slots that may be used to create cats who are members of ThunderClan, RiverClan, WindClan and/or ShadowClan.
- Domestic Cat: Each player is granted one (1) Domestic Cat Character Slot that may be used to create a Domestic Feline (These are called Kittypets at most games).
- Feral/Semi-Feral Character: Each player who meets the requirements for the creation of Feral and/or Semi-feral characters as listed on the Non-Clan Character Creation Page is eligible to create one (1) Feral or Semi-feral character.
Certain types of characters do not count towards filling any of the character slots in the previous category. These non-slotted characters fall into the following types.
- Elder Clan Member: Each player has an unlimited number of slots for elders that do not count towards your Clan Character Slot Limit. These slots can only be used via In Character (IC) promotion.
- Non-Player Characters (NPC): NPCs do not count towards your character slot limits, but are generally limited to creating parents for your PC (which are preferred to have passed on, in most cases, or expected to pass on fairly early in the character's developing IC History). Players may be asked to eliminate excessive NPCs to make room for PCs at any time, and are expected to comply with this request.
Special Character Slots
Several special classifications of character slots exist.
- Staff Character Slots: Members of the Staff receive a number of extra characters based on their position in the staff. These slots may be used to create any type of character.
- Junior Staff members receive one (1) extra slot
- Staff members receive two (2) extra slots
- Senior Staff members receive three (3) extra slots
- Moderators receive four (4) extra slots
- Administrators receive five (5) extra slots
- Cats of Camelot (CoC): A character in the Cats of Camelot does not count towards any of a player's traditional slots, but please remember that in the event that the character loses their position in the CoC they would be required to return to their original rank. In light of this, it is advisable to keep the slot that would receive that character open. Each player received access to one (1) slot for a member of the Cats of Camelot.
- Caligula's Cabal Cats: A character in Caligula's Cabal does not count towards any of a player's traditional slots, but please remember that in the event that the character loses their position in the Cabal they would be required to return to their original rank. In light of this, it is advisable to keep the slot that would receive that character open. Each player received access to one (1) slot for a member of Caligula's Cabal.
Non-transfer of Slot Types
Character slots cannot be transferred for trade between types. If you do not wish to play a character of a certain type, you cannot transfer that slot to turn it into another type.
Any time in which a violation of limitations policies occur, the player is expected to report to the admins and surrender characters until they fall back within limits or promptly arrange a death for the excess character.
Players found hiding violations will not get to select which characters they surrender. Selections will instead be made by the game administration.
Showing 1 related property.